Lakers Coach Bob Crosby to Be Inducted at Hall of Fame
The doors to the Michigan High School Coaches’ Association Hall of Fame will swing open for longtime West Bloomfield High School swim and dive coach Bob Crosby on Sunday, September 16, 2012. A formal induction of the Class of 2012 will take place in the Terrace Room of the Bovee University Center on the campus of Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant.
Other coaches listed below complete the 2012 MHSCA Hall of Fame inductees.
- James Benoit, Marine City Cardinal Mooney Catholic
- Cecil Burch, Leroy-Pine River
- John Dubois, Plainwell
- Sam Ellis, Inkster
- Wes Gall, Manchester
- Lee Kahler, Bad Axe
- Edward Knapp, Vicksburg
- Tim Levasseur, Bay City John Glenn
- Steve Nowak, Warren
- Greg Phill, Livonia Stevenson
- Vern Reed, Hale
- Dave Swartout, Jackson Lumen Christi
- Patricia O’Neill Williams, Grand Rapids Catholic Central
- Mike Woolsey, Jackson Lumen Christi
The banquet and awards ceremony will be held at 1 p.m. with a social hour preceding at 12 p.m. Also, the MHSCA will honor Rich Tompkins long-time track and field and cross country coach at Fremont HS and board member and/or Executive Director of the MHSCA for over 20 years as a Distinguished Service Award recipient.
Tickets are $25 each and may be ordered from Kim Spalsbury, 427 Morley St., Grand Ledge, MI 48837.