At Monday night's West Bloomfield School Board of Education meeting at West Bloomfield High School, new officers were elected to fill four spots for one year.
Longtime board member Bruce Tobin was tabbed to replace President David Einstandig. It is not Tobin's first time as board president, but it was the end of the first term for Einstandig, who received congratulations from Tobin as well as Superintendent JoAnn Andrees.
Other officers named included new Vice President Randi Sakwa, as well as Secretary Raman Singh and Treasurer Nick Hersh.
Board appointments to associations and committees included:
- Legislative Liaison: Trustees Matt Chase and Carol Finkelstein
- Oakland County School Board Association and Oakland Schools (Board Rep.): Finkelstein
- Athletics/Activities: Einstandig
- Continuous School Improvement: Sakwa
- Curriculum Council: Singh and Hersh
- Finance Committee: Einstandig and Chase
- Sex Education Advisory: Finkelstein and Sakwa
- Technology: Chase and Singh
- Accreditation: Sakwa
- Strategic visioning: Sakwa
- Facilities: Chase
- Policy: Singh