5 Things to Know in West Bloomfield This Week
Here's what you need to know; including holidays for government and school.
- Town Hall offices closed Friday: All township offices, including those at West Bloomfield Town Hall, will be closed Friday due to the spring holidays. Both branches of the Township Public Library will be open Friday, but will be closed Sunday. Police, fire, mail and trash service will operate as scheduled.
- West Bloomfield students on spring break all week: Does your student attend schools in the Walled Lake, Farmington, Birmingham, or West Bloomfield School Districts? Then you know he or she is on spring break this week. Sports and most other extracurricular activities wil be on break, too. If you don't already have plans, check out the West Bloomfield Patch Event Calendar to find camps, sports clinics and other things to do around town. Orchard Lake Our Lady of Refuge and St. Mary's Preparatory will also have vacation this week, with St. Mary's beginning on Wednesday with a 12 noon dismissal.
- Passover and Easter will be celebrated this week with various services all over town. The Orchard Lake Community Church, Presbyterian choir performs a dramatic reenactment of The Last Supper Thursday night, while Congregation Beth Ahm's Rabbi Steven Rubenstein hosts an Interactive First Seder Dinner on the first night of Passover, Friday. Visit the Events calendar for more.
- Government meetings this week include the Greater West Bloomfield Cable Communication Commission (Monday at 7:30 p.m.), the Zoning Board of Appeals (Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.) and Woodland Review Board (Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.). All meetings occur at Town Hall.
- Are you in town and bored, despite all the live events I've written on above? Then come to The Cakeria this week and give me your two cents! I'll be working at West Bloomfield's newest neighborhood bakery from 2-4 p.m. Thursday.