5 Things To Know This Week: No School Tuesday, Relay for Life Party
Here's what you need to know about West Bloomfield this week.
- West Bloomfield Board to meet Monday: The West Bloomfield Township Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at the township offices. Other city meetings this week include: Orchard Lake Planning Commission (7 p.m. Tuesday) and the Keego Harbor Planning Commission (7 p.m. Thursday).
- West Bloomfield schools to meet Monday: The West Bloomfield Board of Education will meet for their regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday, after last week's meeting was canceled due to a power outage. The board will meet at the West Bloomfield High School Media Center.
- No school Tuesday because of MME testing: West Bloomfield's juniors and seniors begin taking their Michigan Merit Exam (MME) this week. Due to the testing, there will be be no school for students in grades K-10 on Tuesday. Teachers will have a professional development day.
- Relay for Life kick-off event Wednesday: Relay for Life West Bloomfield will kick off its annual fundraising campaign at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Kids Corner. From 6-8 p.m., learn how you can become involved in this year's event.
- Chamber Wine and Mingle event Wednesday: Network with area business people at the Greater West Bloomfield Chamber's Wine and Mingle event, to be held from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Marvin and Betty Danto Family Health Care Center. Tickets are $10 for members and $15 for non-members.
What else is happening this week around West Bloomfield?