5 Things To Know This Week: Russian Fest, Snow Expected Tuesday
From snow on Tuesday to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra performing at the Berman, here's what you need to know about West Bloomfield this week.
- School Board, Planning Commission to meet: The West Bloomfield School Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at the high school media center. For the complete agenda, visit the school's website. In addition, the West Bloomfield Planning Commission meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at West Bloomfield Town Hall. On the agenda, the Henry Ford development at 6777 W. Maple returns with a special request.
- 30th annual Russian Fest: Take a trip to the far East as The Lark Restaurant celebrates its 30th annual Russian Fest this Monday and Tuesday. At 7 p.m. each night, the restaurant will serve a special dinner featuring the finest cuisine of the Imperial Russian Empire, including fresh caviar and vodka. Tickets are $145 each.
- DSO comes to the Berman Center: The Detroit Symphony Orchestra comes to the Berman Center for the Performing Arts this Thursday for a special concert as part of the DSO Neighborhood Series. The concert starts at 7:30 p.m. To buy tickets, visit www.theberman.org.
- Mike McCready to host office hours: Got something to say to one of West Bloomfield's elected representatives in Lansing? Rep. Mike McCready (R-Bloomfield Hills) will be holding office hours from 9:30-11:30 a.m. Monday at the Baldwin Public Library in Birmingham, located at 300 W. Merrill St.
- Snow expected starting Tuesday: And the white stuff just keeps on coming. According to the National Weather Service, snow is expected beginning at 4 p.m. Tuesday, with a total accumulation overnight of three to seven inches. Snow will continue to fall on Wednesday, with a possible accumulation of one to two more inches. As of Sunday evening, southeast Michigan is under a Winter Storm Watch beginning Tuesday afternoon.
What else is going on this week, West Bloomfield?