5 Things To Know This Week: Schools, Sports and More
Here's what you need to know about the Greater West Bloomfield area this week.
- Breaks this week: Monday is President's Day, which means banks and other government offices around town are closed today. Don't forget: West Bloomfield Schools go on mid-winter break on Thursday.
- Weather: Prepare for cold, with a possibility of snow this week. The National Weather Service calls for a chance of snow with rain mixed in early in the week. Wednesday is expected to be blustery, with a high near 23 degrees.
- Go Lakers: The West Bloomfield High School boys varsity swimming and diving team is at home for the Oakland Activities Association White Division championship and looks to capitalize on last season's third-place finish at the event. Finals are scheduled for Friday night, beginning at 5 p.m. Want to go? The cost of admission is $5.
- Looking for a local fry? Visit Busch's Fresh Food Market or Bachelor's One on Friday to get your fill in this, the season of fish fries.
- If you're interested in running, Running Fit offers a group run this Wednesday. All abilities and skill levels will be welcome
What else is going on this week? Let us know in the comments below!