The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) combed through a home in the 7300 block of Maple Mill Court Wednesday, for reasons that are not being disclosed.
WXYZ-TV reports that the FBI also raided the homeowner's business, a Tubby's Sub Shop in Lake Orion.
At least six vehicles, none of them marked, were in the West Bloomfield neighborhood at around 7:50 p.m. FBI spokesman Simon Shaykhet said the agency conducted a "law enforcement operation," but gave no further details about why they were there. Agents confiscated several opaque boxes of items.
The FBI has been at the home since early morning, according to neighbor Larry Folkoff.
Folkoff said the house is occupied by a husband and wife and their children. He said he was surprised by the activity.
"I didn't know him (the husband) too well," Folkoff said. "He seems to be a nice guy. He always said hello."
He believes the family has lived in the neighborhood for 10 years or more.
"You'd always see the husband out playing," Folkoff said. "They're just regular neighbors."
Stay tuned to West Bloomfield Patch for more on this developing story.
See More on Patch
- UPDATED: Jewish Community Center Evacuated
- UPDATED: Strong Arm Robbery Leaves 65-Year-Old West Bloomfield Woman Injured
- West Bloomfield Man Nearly Falls for Craigslist Shipping Scam
- West Bloomfield Federal Agent Draws His Gun During 'Road Rage' Incident
- West Bloomfield Doctors Indicted in Medicare Prescription Scheme
Most Popular articles
- Partners Celebrate Leaf & Berry Grand Opening in West Bloomfield
- St. Mary's Polish Country Fair, Memorial Day Parade and More This Weekend
- House With Beautiful Pond For Sale in West Bloomfield
- West Bloomfield Resident Earns Community Champion Award
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital Offers Healthy Cooking Classes