Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder announced Thursday that he would pursue right-to-work legislation for public and private employees in the state,according to the Detroit Free Press.
The law would include an exemption for firefighters and police officers, but it would apply to 17.5 percent of Michigan's workforce, according to the Detroit News.
The Michigan House passed the legislation Thursday on a 58-52 vote.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Partners Celebrate Leaf & Berry Grand Opening in West Bloomfield
- St. Mary's Polish Country Fair, Memorial Day Parade and More This Weekend
- House With Beautiful Pond For Sale in West Bloomfield
- West Bloomfield Resident Earns Community Champion Award
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital Offers Healthy Cooking Classes