Members of a Keego Harbor family missed a car driving through their home Thursday by mere feet, said West Bloomfield Fire Marshal Pat Riney.
West Bloomfield Fire Department officials alongside Keego Harbor Police, Sylvan Lake Police, Oakland County Sheriff's deputies and a private disaster recovery company reported to the 3000 block of Grove Street in response to the accident.
Riney said that the condition of the entire family was unclear, but at least one person was taken to an area hospital with minor injuries.
"One person was in a downstairs area. Another was in the kitchen. There were two young girls there who were just feet from where the car went through," Riney said.
The driver of the car, a male, is believed to have been speeding through nearby Cass Lake Front before turning on to Grove, according to Riney. The car drove through a front yard at a high rate of speed and launched completely through the home, crashing into a tree in another side yard, he said.
Riney said that the man was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, although the cause of the accident was unknown. Riney added that he is cooperating with investigators. The Oakland Press reports that the man is 60, lives in Keego Harbor and was believed not to have been intoxicated.
Medical tests are pending, Riney said, and the home is not habitable. The accident remains under investigation.
Stay tuned for a later update to this story.
See More on Patch
- West Bloomfield Man Shot in Highland
- Pedestrian in Critical Condition After Monday Morning Accident in West Bloomfield
- Arrest Made in Rochester Hills Tied to West Bloomfield Home Invasion
- Teen Pulls Knife on Dad Following Her OWI Arrest
- Opening Statements Expected in West Bloomfield Grandmother's Murder Trial
Most Popular articles
- Partners Celebrate Leaf & Berry Grand Opening in West Bloomfield
- House With Beautiful Pond For Sale in West Bloomfield
- St. Mary's Polish Country Fair, Memorial Day Parade and More This Weekend
- West Bloomfield Resident Earns Community Champion Award
- Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital Offers Healthy Cooking Classes