On the Agenda: Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital Expansion
Waiver sought to build new medical campus on 160-acre campus.
The meeting will begin at 6:45 p.m. Monday at Town Hall. Follow along on Twitter at @WBloomfldPatch or Facebook at West Bloomfield Patch. View the proceedings by tuning in to Civic Center TV or watch the live stream online. View the complete agenda packet on www.wbtwp.com.
Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital is in talks with West Bloomfield Township officials to expand its offerings with an ambitious plan of new facilities.
Approval from the Township Board for a zoning ordinance amendment is necessary to continue the work, which will take place over many years, according to officials.
New facilities initially being considered at the 160-acre campus include: freestanding surgical outpatient centers or hospitals
- medical laboratories and educational or research centers
- "specialty hospitals" — facilities with both limited in-patient and outpatient care including rehabilitation, behavioral and long-term acute care services
- a "medical hotel" — a facility with limited inpatient care for persons recovering from hospital treatment or surgery along with overnight facilities for family members and caregivers
- medical office buildings
- recuperative, congregate and independent elderly housing.
To read the attachments concerning this agenda item: .PDF.
Other highlights on Monday's agenda
- A zoning ordinance amendment to allow for indoor storage facilities in the Township Center District of West Bloomfield. This is an issue which arose from a request to redevelop the former Dunham's property on Northwestern Highway into such a building.
- A recommendation from the Personnel Committee to allow a consensus opinion by the Township Board to decide who to hire for the now-vacant Information Technology Director position.