Detroit Red Wings fans on Monday helped fuel the beginning of the NHL's free agency period with rumors and discussion of where hockey's brightest stars would land.
Would All-Star defenseman Ryan Suter leave Nashville for Hockeytown, effectively replacing future Hall of Famer Nicklas Lidstrom on the Red Wings' first line after the 20-year veteran retired in May?
Could the American forward Zach Parise, considered by Yahoo! Sports to be the most-coveted free agent in hockey, pick Detroit over scores of other teams?
The Red Wings also bid farewell to forward Jiri Hudler, who played on the team's top six last season. Hudler signed a contract worth $16 million with Calgary on Monday.
To date, forwards Jordin Tootoo and Mikael Samuelsson have agreed to move to Detroit, along with goaltender Jonas Gustavsson.
Patch can't claim to predict what NHL free agents will choose; instead, check out what fans on Twitter had to say about the team, the players, and of course, the cash.
See More on Patch
- Walled Lake Central Athletes Commit to Schools Across the Country
- Bloomfield's Andrew Miller Lifts Yale into Frozen Four Finals
- Local Hockey Players Lead Yale to the NCAA Frozen Four
- West Bloomfield Hockey Takes Home First in Regional Tournament
- West Bloomfield Girls Fall to Marian in District Final