Winter coats will need to fit under Halloween costumes again this year, as the forecast for the Greater West Bloomfield area remains cold and rainy Wednesday.
The National Weather Service has dropped its wind advisory for the area, but gusts could still reach up to 21 m.p.h. in the evening hours. These gusts on top of cloudy skies will keep temperatues in the low 40s, with the wind chill making it feel like the low 30s.
There is a 40 to 60 percent chance of rain Wednesday night, but the National Weather Service estimates that less than a tenth of an inch will actually accumulate.
The sun is due to set Wednesday at 6:25 p.m., and the moon, which is scheduled to rise shortly after 7:30 p.m., will appear nearly full.
- In West Bloomfield Township: Trick-or-treat from 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31.
- Keego Harbor: Trick-or-treat from 6-7:30 p.m. Oct. 31.
- Sylvan Lake: Trick-or-treat from 6-7:30 p.m. Oct. 31.
- Orchard Lake Village: Trick-or-treat from 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31.
- Pre-arranged route, or map
- Cell phone, or other form of communication
- Rain gear and/or reflective clothing
Be sure to snap a photo of your child's costume before they head out the door and upload it to enter our Halloween Costume Contest. You can win the Grand Prize of $5,000!