Weekend Planner: 'Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Woolf,' Red Sea Pedestrians
Also happening this weekend, 'Passing' premieres at the Berman Center for the Performing Arts and West Bloomfield Westacres Library hosts a babies talk story time.
It’s Friday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do this weekend. West Bloomfield Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work-outta-here time.
- When: Friday-Sunday
- Where: Berman Center for the Performing Arts
- Cost: $26
- Why Go: Inspired by the true story of Minerva Roulhac — a woman born in 1885 and raised by the family of a former slave in Florida — Passing confronts issues of race, identity, ethnicity and interracial relationships and is playing all weekend at the Berman Center for the Performing Arts. The play stars Mayowa Lisa Reynolds, a dancer, educator and associate minister at Detroit's Fellowship Chapel.
- When: 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday; 2 p.m. Sunday
- Where: Barnes & Noble Booksellers
- Cost: $10 in advance ($8 for kids age 3-10); $2 surcharge at the door
- Why Go: It's the last weekend for Two Muses Theater's presentation of Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Woolf, a combination of "The Three Little Pigs" and "Little Red Riding Hood," with the big bad wolf stuck between the two stories. Each performance will be accompanied with other child-friendly activities including a raffle drawing. Tickets can be purchased at www.twomusestheatre.org or by calling 248-850-9919.
- When: 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. Sunday
- Where: West Bloomfield Township Public Library
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: As part of the Music @ Main concert series, the Friends of the West Bloomfield Twp Public Library will host the Red Sea Pedestrians for two shows this Sunday. The Red Sea Pedestrians is a melting pot of 6 singer/songwriter multi instrumentalists who combine a blend of Klezmer, Greek, Gypsy, Celtic, jazz and American roots.
- When: 10:30 a.m. Friday
- Where: West Bloomfield Westacres Library
- Cost: Free
- Why Go: Come and learn new rhymes and songs while having fun with creative gross motor activities. We’ll also be incorporating Baby Signs and Infant Massage techniques to strengthen the bond between you and your baby. Recommended for ages birth to 1 year.
- When: 1-4 p.m. Sunday
- Where: Iroquois Club (43248 Woodward Ave., Bloomfield Hills)
- Cost: $8
- Why Go: Are you getting married? Pick up some ideas and talk with local vendors during the Whimsical Occasions Bridal Show at Bloomfield Hills' Iroquois Club. At the show will be local photographers, stationary vendors, florists, DJs, travel agents and ideas for bridal fashion. For more information, visit www.whimsicaloccasions.com.