West Bloomfield Candidate Forum on Wednesday
Township Board candidates in Aug. 7 primary to be quizzed at Main Library this week.
We've seen their names on road signs for weeks, but this Wednesday, candidates in the Aug. 7 primary election for West Bloomfield Township Board will speak at a voters forum hosted by the county branch of the League of Women Voters.
A total of 22 candidates will be pushing for spots in Town Hall and other elected positions. Every incumbent on the township board again seeks a spot on the board, including all three full-time elected officials. Each position is a four-year term.
The forum begins at 5 p.m. at the Main Library. The schedule is as follows:
- Supervisor: 5-5:45 p.m.
- Clerk: 5:50-6:25 p.m.
- Treasurer: 6:35-7:10 p.m.
- Trustees: 7:20-8:50 p.m.
Those expected to participate:
- Michele Economou Ureste (Democrat, incumbent)
- Jonathan Warshay (Democrat)
- Robert Egren (Democrat)
- Cathy Shaughnessy (Democrat, incumbent)
- Neha Patel (Democrat)
- Teri Adelberg Weingarden (Democrat, incumbent)
- Gene Farber (Democrat)
- Larry Brown (Democrat, incumbent)
- Steven Kaplan (Democrat, incumbent)
- Howard Rosenberg (Democrat, incumbent)
- Tom Pustelak (Republican)
- Hartley Harris (Democrat)
- Jeremy Kaplan (Democrat)
- Gerald J. Sukenic (Democrat)
- Diane Rosenfeld Swimmer (Democrat)
- Al Zara (Democrat)
The coordinator of the forum is Judy Bateman.