Two West Bloomfield restaurants will have the chance to try their hand at doing something special with some girl scout cookies for a good cause next week.
West Bloomfield's The Lark Restaurant and Prime 29 Steakhouse are two of 10 Metro Detroit restaurants and groups participating in the 2013 Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan Cookie Gala, happening next week in Detroit.
Chefs from participating restaurants are looking to win one several awards, including People's Choice, Judges' Choice and Girls' Choice.
As part of the competition, each restaurant are given a specific kind of Girl Scout cookie from which to create desserts and appetizers. The Lark received cookie-newcomer, Thank U Berry Munch, while Prime29 got the classic Samoa.
Chefs spend weeks creating, testing and re-testing their top secret Girl Scout recipes, all in the hopes of being named favorite at the Cookie Gala.
"We're excited and really looking forward to Cookie Gala," said Chef Emily Davis of Gastronomy, the Southfield restaurant who is working with Thin Mints. "Girl Scouts provides great benefits to the community, and we're happy to be part of supporting the organization."
The Cookie Gala will take place form 6-8:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 27 at the DTE Energy Headquarters in downtown Detroit. Tickets are $100 each, or $170 for a pair through Saturday. After that, tickets are $120 each or $190 per pair.
Other restaurants participating this year's Cookie Gala include:
- ARAMARK Corporation, Detroit (Tagalongs)
- Fifty-One-O-One, Dearborn (Savannah Smiles)
- Gastronomy, Southfield (Thin Mints)
- The Lark, West Bloomfield (Thank U Berry Munch)
- Macomb Culinary Institute, Clinton Township (Savannah Smiles)
- Prime29 Steak, Seafood & Cocktails, West Bloomfield (Samoas)
- St. Clair Inn, Port Huron (Do-si-Dos)
- Sweet & Savory Bake Shop, Oxford (Thin Mint)
- Treat Dreams, Ferndale (Dulce de Leche)
- Weight Watchers Group, Farmington Hills (Trefoils)
The event will also feature a cash bar and a live and silent auction. In addition, the Girl Scouts will also be hanging out their first annual One Tough Cookie Award, awarded to three special women for their personal or professional accomplishments, or community involvement.
To buy tickets to the Cookie Gala, visit www.gssem.org/cookiegala.