What's Happening in West Bloomfield This May
You'll be busy, not bored, in the township this month.
The first wintry storm of the year is behind us and the weather continues to grow colder. That must mean one thing: December is here.
Patch will keep you up to date with what's going on every week, but we've got your monthly look ahead to keep as a handy reference. The thing is, we know we've missed some events — some of which haven't been announced yet — so leave us a comment and let us know what else is going on this month. Our goal is to keep you informed.
Week 1: May 1-5
- May 1: School District Hosts Forum on Young Men
- May 1: Stretch and Tone
- May 1: Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting
- May 2: Alveda King: How Can the Dream Survive?
- May 3: Optimist Club to Honor Wesley Berry
- May 3: Temple Shir Shalom Movie Series: Sarah's Key
- May 3: "What's Cooking" Presents a Mexican Fiesta
- May 5: Clerk's office open late for passports
Week 2: May 6-12
- May 6: Temple Shir Shalom Walk for Israel
- May 6: Carnival of the Animals - A Family Concert
- May 6: Violinist at Temple Israel
- May 7-8: School Enrollment and Facilities Open House
- May 9: Relay For Life of West Bloomfield, Team Meeting
- May 9: BookTalk Reviews "White Tiger"
- May 9: An Evening with Henry Winkler
- May 10: Lag B'Omer BBQ
- May 11: Installation Shabbat & Dinner
- May 12: Sail the Chai Seas
- May 12: Murder/Mystery...Who Dunnit?
Week 3: May 13-19
- May 13: GWBHS Open House
- May 14: Kabbalah for Everyone
- May 14: Sanders Candy: A Michigan Tradition
- May 14: West Bloomfield Track and Field's First Annual 'Buzzard Scramble'
- May 15: Renew One's Appearance - Diva Nights
- May 16: Music @ Main by Friends of West Bloomfield Public Library
- May 16: GWBHS Docent Training
- May 16: Help for Smokers
- May 16: Microsoft Word 2007 Plus
- May 17: Police memorial
- May 17: Parent Communication Network Meeting
- May 17: Pianist Comes to Temple Israel
- May 17: Demystifying eReaders
- May 19: Middle School Good Girl Comeback Conference
- May 19-20: Apple Island Tours
Week 4: May 20-26
- May 20: Music @ Main Presents Michael Smith
- May 20: Antique and Jewelry Appraisal Event
- May 21: Red Cross Blood Drive
- May 21: WBSD Board of Education Meeting (Agenda)
- May 22: Girls Night Out
- May 23: Township Board Meeting
- May 23: How to Invest In A Complex & Agenda-driven World
- May 25-28: St. Mary's Polish Country Fair
Week 4: May 27-31
Town Hall will be closed Monday, May 28 for Memorial Day, along with banks, schools, mail, and trash.