Labor Day is Monday, and while offices are closed and the barbecues are fired up, you still may need to get out and around West Bloomfield Township. Here's what you need to know about what's open and closed.
- Township offices: Town Hall, including the clerk's office, building and zoning department and treasurer's office, will be closed Friday for a furlough day and closed Monday. Town Hall will reopen Tuesday for normal business hours, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Post office: The U.S. Postal Service branch at 6725 Daly Rd. will be open normal hours, 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, but it will not be open on Labor Day, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup. The post office will reopen Tuesday for normal business hours, 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Trash collection: Trash collection from Richfield Management will be one day late, since the holiday occurs on a weekday.
- Emergency: Call 911 for police or fire emergencies. For any nonemergency, call the police department at 248-975-9200.
- Library: The West Bloomfield Township Main Library and Westacres Library will be closed Saturday through Monday. The libraries will reopen Tuesday for normal business hours, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Recreation Activities Center: Closed Saturday through Monday, however, all parks will be open for business.
- Family Aquatic Center: Closed for the season.
Groceries and Pharmacies
- Busch's Fresh Food Market: Open 7 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday-Monday.
- Whole Foods: Open 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Monday.
- Hiller’s Market: Open 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday and 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday.
- Plum Market: Open 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Monday.
- CVS: The storefront at both locations in West Bloomfield, 7498 Haggerty Rd. and 6070 W. Maple Rd., will be open 7 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday. The pharmacy will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Efros Sav-On Drugs: Open 9 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday, 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday-Sunday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday.