Invite a friend
Music @ Main Hosts Red Sea Pedestrians
As part of the Music @ Main concert series, The Friends of the West Bloomfield Twp Public Library will host the Red Sea Pedestrians for two shows on Sunday, February 24, 2013. The first performance will begin at 3:00 pm with doors opening at 2:30pm. The second show will begin at 5:00 pm with doors opening at 4:30 pm. All shows will be held in the Meeting Room of the West Bloomfield Public Library, 4600 Walnut Lake Road in West Bloomfield. The concerts are free.
The band is a melting pot of 6 singer/songwriter multi instrumentalists who combine a blend of Klezmer, Greek, Gypsy, Celtic, Jazz and American Roots. We're talking high energy, world beat grooves and hypnotic laments. Multi- layered lyrics, rich harmonies, and masterful playing complete the story. The Red Sea Pedestrians won the WYCE Jammie Awards in 2010 for the best traditional album. Be prepared to dance in your seats as one concert reviewer was quoted saying "People danced like drunken gypsies as soon as the band took the stage"
The Friends are enthusiastic supporters of the West Bloomfield Township Public Library's services, programs, and materials. For over 60 years, the Friends have fostered growth of the Library with donations of more than $600,000.
For further information about the event or the Friends of the West Bloomfield Twp Public Library, contact the library at 248-682-2120.
More About West Bloomfield Township Public Library
The West Bloomfield Township Public Library was awarded the 2010 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation’s highest honor for museums and libraries. They are governed by an elected six-member Board of Trustees and the current President of the board is Ken Macon.
Librarians are available to answer questions by phone, in person, online and through text messaging. The building houses seven group study rooms, 22 computer workstations and a youth services area. Call the number provided for more information.
Other events here
- Story Stretchers May 6, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / May 23, 2013 / May 29, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 10:00 am
- Drop-In Open Gaming for Teens March 6, 2013 / March 13, 2013 / March 20, 2013 / March 27, 2013 / April 1, 2013 / April 2, 2013 / April 3, 2013 / April 8, 2013 / April 9, 2013 / April 10, 2013 / April 15, 2013 / April 16, 2013 / April 17, 2013 / April 22, 2013 / April 23, 2013 / April 24, 2013 / April 29, 2013 / April 30, 2013 / May 1, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 13, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / May 15, 2013 / May 20, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 22, 2013 / May 28, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 3:00 pm–6:00 pm
- Michigan Reads! Moose on the Loose Tue, May 21, 11:00 am
- Babies Talk Storytime May 10, 2013 / May 24, 2013, 10:30 am
- ESL Discussion Group Wed, May 29, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Nolan Finley - Israel and the Middle East: An Ever Changing Neighborhood Tue, Jun 18, 11:30 am–1:30 pm
- Music @ Main Hosts Gratitude Steel Band in June Sun, Jun 23, 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Summer Used Book Sale at WB Library Fri, Jul 12, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Summer Used Book Sale at West Bloomfield Public Library Sat, Jul 13, 9:00 am–5:00 pm
- Summer Used Book Sale at West Bloomfield Public Library Sun, Jul 14, 12:00 pm–5:00 pm