Heat, increasing humidity, and sunny skies are among the factors expected to cause poor air quality, according to the alert. Here are five ways to make clean air choices on Tuesday, suggested by the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ):
- Don't use gas-powered engines. Leave the lawn-mowing for another day.
- Walk or bike to nearby destinations.
- Carpool or use mass transit when traveling longer distances.
- Combine your errands into one trip.
- Save electricity: Adjust your air conditioner temperature a few degrees higher and turn off lights and appliances when they're not in use.
Looking for more tips? Visit the MDEQ's webpage.