Here are five reasons to visit The Berman this season:
1. Molly RingwaldThe talented actress became a teen idol in the 1980s for her roles in “Sixteen Candles,” “Pretty in Pink” and “The Breakfast Club.” In March, 2014, she and her band will perform works from her album, “Except Sometimes,” a collection of jazz and American Songbook standards that she released this year.
2. ChanticleerThis Grammy-winning ensemble is known for its seamless blend of 12 male voices, ranging from countertenor to bass, and original interpretations of vocal literature, from Renaissance to jazz. They'll perform at The Berman in October, 2013.
3. The Haifa Symphony OrchestraBased in Israel, this ensemble made The Berman a stop on its first-ever U.S. tour in February, 2014.
4. The Gallim Dance CompanyDedicated to creating and performing original work by Andrea Miller, this New York-based dance company builds the careers of young artists and inspires the imagination of a diverse international audience. They'll be on The Berman stage in March, 2014.
5. Nathan GunnOne of the most exciting and in-demand baritones has appeared at the Metropolitan Opera, San Francisco Opera, Paris Opera and Teatro Real in Madrid, among many others. He will perform at The Berman in April, 2014, with his wife, pianist Julie Gunn.
Find tickets and more information at theberman.org or by calling 248-661-1900.