Yates Cider Mill
Yates is one of the most popular cider mills in the local area. It's also one of the oldest, . Specializing in cider, the mill also sells donuts, pies, apple butter, cider slush and caramel apples. In addition to the food, Yates also offers activities for the whole family, including pony rides, a petting zoo, Fudge Shoppe, and apple tent.
- Location: 1990 E. Avon Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48307
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays 9 a.m.-7 p.m. in October
- Contact: 248-651-8300
Goodison Cider Mill
Home of the world-famous Pistachio Nut Bread, Goodison also serves up fresh pressed cider, warm donuts, home-baked goods, and weekend fun for children and adults in the fall. Parking is free.
- Location: 4295 Orion Rd., Oakland Township, MI 48306
- Hours: Open daily 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Labor Day until Christmas
- Contact: 248-652-8450
The Paint Creek Cider Mill is open for most of the year and features a lunch and dinner menu, many different flavors of ice cream, smoothies and, of course, local cider and fresh doughnuts that are made on-site. Visit the Paint Creek Cider Mill's website and Facebook page for more information.
- Location: 4480 Orion Road, Oakland Township, MI 48306
- Hours: Daily, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Contact: 248-656-3400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rochester Cider Mill
From the corn maze and petting farm, to the giant hay climbing pyramid and antique wall, all activities at Rochester Cider Mill are free. A minimum of four varieties of apples are available for purchase at any given time, as well as cider, donuts and other baked goods.
- Location: 5125 N. Rochester Rd., Oakland Township, MI 48306
- Hours: Call to confirm hours.
- Contact: 248-651-4224
This popular historic cider mill is nestled in busy Oakland County. Its favorite cider and donuts are joined by apples, baked goods, meats and cheeses, jams, honey and vegetables. Parking is free.
- Location: 7450 Franklin Rd., Bloomfield Hills, MI 48301 (corner of 14 Mile and Franklin, 1 mile west of Telegraph)
- Hours: weekdays - 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m., weekends - 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Contact: 248-626-8261
- Location: 61475 Silver Lake Rd, South Lyon, MI 48178
- Dates open: Aug. 16 to Nov. 24
- Hours: Open daily, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. November hours are 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Description: U-Pick, cider mill, Friday Night Haunts, hay rides, straw maze, petting farm, corn maze, sunflower garden.
- Location: 1479 Ranch Road, Holly, MI 48442
- Dates open: Aug. 15-Oct. 31
- Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m., 7 days a week
- Description: Come out every weekend for hot donuts, hot and cold cider, family fun, and hayrides (which run from September 21st to October 27th).
- Location: 1540 East Commerce Rd., Commerce, MI 48382
- Dates open: September 14 Opening Day
- Hours: Vary
- Description: Pick your own apples, wagon Rides (offered weekends in September to pick your own apple customers), Cider Mill (operating weekends only, cider is sold daily, Donut Kitchen, Night Time Corn Maze, Great Atmosphere and Picture Taking, Fall Time Fun Area: Petting farm, Corn Maze, Wagon Rides, U-Pick Pumpkins, Play Area and more...In general -U-pick apples are available Mid September, Cider Mill/Donuts are open Mid September, Corn Maze Late September
Blake's Orchard & Cider Mill
Blake's Fall Festival runs weekends in October and includes train rides, hay Rides, pony rides, a straw maze, story book barn, animal petting farm, barnyard funland, cornfield maze, straw mountain and more. Blake's also offer u-pick fruits and vegetables and a store filled to the brim with tasty treats and fresh apple cider. See Blake's website for fall festival ticket information.
- Location: 17985 Armada Center Road, Armada, MI 48005
- Hours: The store is open daily 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; Barnyard Funland open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through October, with ticket sales ending at 5:30 p.m. The u-pick orchard closes at 5:30 p.m.
- Contact: 586-784-5343
Hy's Cider Mill
Guests can pick their own apples at Hy's or buy a bushel at the store. Cider is also available.
- Location: 6350 37 Mile Rd., Romeo, MI 48065
- Hours: Open Sept. 10-Nov. 6 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays
- Contact: 810-798-3611
Miller's Big Red Apple Orchard
Through October, Miller's guests can pick their own apples and pumpkins, stop by the petting zoo and straw mountain, or visit the store for hand-dipped caramel apples, fresh pressed cider, donuts, pies, jams and jellies and much more. Visit the website for haunted hayride dates and ticket information.
- Location: 4900 32 Mile Rd, Washington, MI 48035
- Hours: Open daily 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Contact: 586-752-7888
Verellen Orchards & Cider Mill
Verellen Orchards is open year round, but guests during the fall seaseon will find cider, several varietes of fresh apples and other fruits, vegetables, coffee cakes, ice cream, eggs, honey, cookies and more.
- Location: 63260 Van Dyke, Washington, MI 48095
- Hours: Open daily 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Contact: 586-752-2989
Every weekend Westview hosts a different themed festival featuring a variety of activities for all ages. Guests can visit the petting zoo, try their luck in a six-acre corn maze, or pick their own apples and pumpkins. In the store, guests will find fresh apples, 10-inch deep-dish pies, donuts, fruit flips, breads and, of course, fresh apple cider. See the website for weekend activity fees.
- Location: 65075 Van Dyke, Washington Township, MI 48095
- Hours: Farm market open daily until Dec. 24 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; u-pick apples and pumpkins daily 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Contact: 586-752-3123
Middleton doesn't have many ammenities, but the small cider mill makes up for it in great donuts and cider. There's a fenced in duck pond and food for kids to toss in, but otherwise the donuts, pies and cider are the main attractions. Middleton Cider Mill remains family owned since 1957.
- Location: 46462 Dequindre Ave, Shelby Township, MI 48317
- Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Contact: 586-731-6699
- Location: 38035 S Huron Rd, New Boston, MI 48164
- Dates open: Aug. 1-Jan. 1
- Hours: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Description: U-Pick orchards, cider mill, animal farm, live entertainment.
- Location: 7897 Six Mile Road, Northville, MI 48167
- Dates open: Sept. 6 through end of October
- Hours: 10 to 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday; 10 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday
- Description: U-Pick pumpkins, corn maze, hay rides, barn play area, cider, donuts and more.
- Location: 714 Baseline Road, Northville, MI 48167
- Dates open: Aug. 31-Nov. 24
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week
- Description: Fresh cider, donuts and wine from the Northville Winery.
- Location: 10685 Warren Rd., Plymouth, MI 48170
- Dates open: Aug. 31 - Nov.
- HOurs: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., 7 days a week
- Description: Cider, donuts, hay rides, petting farm
Washtenaw CountyObstbaum Orchards
- Location: 9252 Currie Rd., Salem, MI 48167
- Dates open: Sept. 7 to late October
- Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Description: Cider, donuts and other baked goods
- Location: 685 Central St, Dexter, MI 48130
- Dates open: Late August to mid-November
- Hours: Wednesday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Description: The Dexter Cider Mill is the oldest continuously operating Cider Mill in Michigan. Along with its natural cider, it offers fresh apples, doughnuts, caramel apples and apple nut bread.
- Location: 13011 Bethel Church Rd, Manchester, MI 48158
- Dates open: Labor Day through Oct. 31
- Hours: Tues.-Fri., noon-6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Description: Horse-drawn hayrides, 7-acre corn maze, a you-pick pumpkin patch, kids play area, free straw maze and animals area, tours of our vintage cider press, fall events and entertainment, and delicious, crisp heirloom and family favorite apples.
- Location: 10411 Clyde Rd., Fenton, MI 48430
- Dates open: May- November
- Hours: Daily, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Description: U-pick, hay rides, cider, donuts, corn maze, train rides, face painting, inflatables, farm animals, pumpkin picking.