With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to The Henry Ford and buy a membership for a friend or family who could use it year round for historical fun.
- Go to Westborn Market or Merchant's Fine Wine to pick up a pre-made gift basket, or stop by Alcamo's or Dearborn Sausage for some edible stocking stuffers.
- Go to Iversen's Bakery Express or Shatila to pick up a box of homemade cookies.
- Go to Starbucks or Biggby to help caffeinate someone in your life with a bag of fresh coffee, or a to-go mug.
- Go to Om Day Spa to pick out some spa services for mom or your wife, including special holiday treatments—like a Cranmerry Facial or a Peppermint Pedicure.
- Go to The Fairlane Club, Dearborn Racquet and Health Club, or the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center and pick someone up a gym membership.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.