Patch is here to make your life ridiculously easy, so as you sit down today and plan your week, here are three events you should know about in the Farmington-Farmington Hills and West Bloomfield area.
1. Hooked on Books
- When: Monday, April 29, 2013, 7:00 pm
- Where: The Farmington Community Library Main Library, 32737 W 12 Mile Rd, Farmington Hills
- What: Book discussion group meets once a month in Conference Room A at the Main Library. Books can be picked up at the Information Desk of the Main Library. April 29: First Darling of the Morning by Thrity Umrigar; May 20: A Secret Gift by Ted Gup; June 24: The River of Doubt by Candice Millard; July 29: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.
2. Relay for Life of West Bloomfield-"Coins for a Cure!" Fundraiser
- When: Tuesday, April 30, 2013, All day
- Where: West Bloomfield School District, 5810 Commerce Rd, West Bloomfield
- What: Relay for Life of West Bloomfield is excited to announce that the West Bloomfield School District fundraiser, "Coins for a Cure" has begun!!!! If you have a child in any of the WB schools (elementary, middle and/or high schools), please encourage him/her to bring their loose change to school and drop it in the purple Relay bucket. Just think about how everyone's pennies, nickels , dimes and quarters can add up to LOTS of money for the American Cancer Society! A special "thank you" to Dr. Hill for supporting this important cause. This fabulous fundraiser runs until May 24th!
3. Friends of WB Library "What's Cooking" Presents Hiller's Markets
- When: Thursday, May 2, 2013, 7:00 pm
- Where: West Bloomfield Township Public Library, 4600 Walnut Lake Rd, West Bloomfield
- What: Jim Hiller has created a very successful business in a competitive marketplace. Hiller’s markets offer premier products, gourmet delectables, healthy choices, and lifestyle shopping. Hiller’s embodies Jim’s passion for food, wine and excellence. Discover why Hiller’s markets stand out! There is no charge to attend the program.