- Presidential primary Tuesday: The race for who will represent both parties — particularly the Republican Party — in the 2012 presidential election hits Michigan Tuesday. Remember, if you vote Tuesday, you must declare a party. Don't know where to go? Check out
- Newsweek and The Daily Beast editor Tina Brown will lead a panel of national journalists Monday on a discussion of the Michigan primary election. The event kicks off at 11:30 a.m. at the in Birmingham; some tickets will be available at the door.
- On the agenda for the West Bloomfield School District Board of Education meeting Monday, held at 7 p.m. at , is a resolution authorizing administration to seek proposals for custodial and transportation services.
- Preliminary exam for three charged: Three local residents — Fariss Shayota, 21; his older brother Naseem Shayota, 29, and their friend, Savio Yaldo, 21 — will have a preliminary exam Thursday at the 48th District Court in Bloomfield Township. All three were arraigned Thursday on charges of ethnic intimidation and aggravated assault in the 2011 beating of an African-American man in West Bloomfield.
- Enjoy your extra Wednesday: 2012 is a Leap Year, meaning an extra day — Feb. 29 — has been tacked onto February, and this year it falls on a Wednesday. Leap Years occur every four years.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something