- In 2013 the fire department responded to 7,602 calls for service. That's a 6.36 percent increase over 2012. The number of calls has climbed by about 40 percent over the past 10 years.
- Emergency medical (EMS) runs accounted for more than 60 percent of fire department calls in 2013. The number of EMS calls has risen from just over 3700 in 2004 to more than 4900 last year.
- Fire destroyed more than $4.7 million in West Bloomfield Township property last year. The value of property endangered by fire was $55.8 million.
- Last year, 30 firefighters suffered work-related injuries. That's up from 7 in 2012. According to the report, injuries ranged from firefighters slipping and falling on ice, to burns from a collapsed ceiling.
- Be careful in the middle of the week. Most of the fire department's emergency calls came on Thursdays, and the second busiest day of the week was Wednesday.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something