- Arin Amin, Walled Lake Central, is the son of Arti and Tushar Amin. He plans to apply to the University of Michigan as well as several other prestigious schools throughout the country to study medicine or business. Arin has taken seven AP courses at Walled Lake Central and is currently taking six more in his senior year. He is a member of the Varsity Tennis and Ski teams, Spanish Club, National Honor Society and Quiz Bowl.
- Vinay Hanasoge, Walled Lake Central, is the son of Vishwanath and Lakshmi Hanasoge. He is undecided on which school to attend next year, but plans to apply to several Ivy League institutions to study pre-med. Vinay is a member of the Varsity Tennis and Track teams as well as a member of the Spanish and Science clubs.
- Michelle Sheng, Walled Lake Central, is the daughter of Xiaoyan Li and Yuanyi Sheng. She plans to apply to the University of Michigan, Brown University, and Carnegie Mellon University to pursue a BA in history or astrophysics, as well as a BFA in illustration. Michelle is a member of the National Honor Society, Model United Nations, Symphony Orchestra and Art club.
- Zachary Bezemek, Walled Lake Central, is the son of Timothy and Linda Bezemek. He plans to attend Michigan State University to study physics and computational mathematics or to attend the University of Michigan’s engineering school for engineering physics. Zachary is a member of the Bowling team, Walled Lake Percussion Ensemble and the Environmental Club.
- Trevor Rees, Walled Lake Northern, is the son of Sue and John Rees. He plans to apply to the University of Michigan, Michigan State University and Purdue University to major in engineering. Trevor is a member of the Varsity Cross Country and Track teams. He also participates in the Marching Band, National Honor Society and U.S. History Club.
- Umang Lathia, Walled Lake Western, is the son of Amit and Nirali Lathia. He plans to apply to the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Northwestern University, Brown University, Yale University, Vanderbilt University, University of Pennsylvania and Duke University to study engineering, economics, psychology, or business. Umang is a member of the Varsity Soccer, Swimming and Track teams. He is Vice President of the Student Council and an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme Candidate.
- Perry Lee, Walled Lake Western, is the son of Jay Zhao and Sally Li. He plans to apply to the University of Michigan, Stanford University and MIT to study computer science and/or mathematics. Perry tutors students in math every Tuesday and Thursday after school and he is an International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme candidate. He has participated in the Michigan Mathematics Prize Competition and Science Olympiad while at Western.
- Jennifer Lim, Walled Lake Western, is the daughter of Steven Lim and Emily Zheng. She is applying to the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, Tulane University, MIT, Duke University, University of Chicago and Brown University to study biomedical engineering or biology. Jennifer is a member of the Varsity Swim team and orchestra at Western. She participates in National Honor Society, SADD and Students Without Borders. She also tutors students at Wixom Elementary.
High school students enter the National Merit Program by taking the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT)–a test which serves as an initial screen of more than 1.5 million entrants each year–and by meeting published program entry/participation requirements. These students are now eligible to become Finalists and compete for scholarships.