Walnut Creek Middle School
Walnut Creek Middle School is one of four middle schools in the Walled Lake Consolidated School District and one of four located in West Bloomfield Township. In the 2009-10 school year, first-year principal Carol-Lyn McKelvey led the Hawks, its 907 students enrolled in grades 6-8 and its staff of 86, to North Central Association accreditation. In May 2010, more than 175 Walnut Creek music students participated in Music in the Park Festival in Ohio and in November, 327 Walnut Creek students participated in the American Math Challenge.
Sixth-grade math and science teacher Cynthia Goris was named Teacher of the Year and eighth-grade math and social studies teacher Vince Bare was accepted to the National Endowment for the Humanities Summer Scholars teacher workshop at Greenfield Village.
- Fax: 248-956-2405
- Hours: School: Mon - Fri, 8:09am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 907
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: North Central Association accreditation
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 86
- Grade levels: 6-8
- Special education: Yes
- Extracurricular activities available: Creek Canteens, instrumental music, PALS, SNAPs Program, vocal music, student art show
- Student clubs: Speech Club, Student Council, Ski Club, Environmental Club
- Sports teams: Fall: boys soccer, cross country, football, volleyball, cheerleading Winter: girls basketball, boys basketball, cheerleading, swimming, wrestling Spring: girls soccer, track