Crews arrived within minutes to contain the structure fire to one room; no injuries reported.
A homeowner in West Bloomfield left multiple candles burning on Wednesday afternoon and returned home to find his home had burned. Smoke was found throughout the condominium in the Pebble Creek complex at 7004 Bridge Way Dr. and flames were confined to a single room, according to a press release. The structure sustained approximately $100,000 in damages. On-duty crews from stations five and two arrived within minutes of the call, around 5:10 p.m., and evacuated neighboring condos. No injuries were reported. According to the press release, the fire was reported by a passerby. The returning homeowner confirmed the subsequent investigation findings that multiple candles had been left burning too close to combustibles.