The charity wine and beer tasting event benefits students in Farmington Public Schools; a portion of the district is located in West Bloomfield Township.
In addition to wine tasting, guests will also sample foods prepared by local restaurants and caterers. Proceeds from the event, which includes a silent auction, will be used to fund innovation grants in technology, scholastic achievement, extracurricular enrichment and the arts.
Held from 7 p.m.-9:30 p.m. at Farmington Hills Manor, located at 23666 Orchard Lake Rd. in Farmington Hills, the event will feature live entertainment by Chamber Jazz Trio featuring drummer Alex Trajano, host of The Moth, Detroit.
The Farmington/Farmington Hills Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and its mission is to “foster investment in innovative educational opportunities to benefit the students of Farmington Public Schools.” In its first year, the Education Foundation awarded more than $50,000 for projects including:
- technology-based programs and activities in academic, music, special education and physical education classrooms;
- field trips to the Festival of the Arts and to a "Health Exploration" event;
- middle school and high school robotics and TechGirls, a program that encourage girls to investigate careers in science, math and engineering
- diversity student leadership workshops
- Galileo teacher leadership training
- music sensory in early childhood special education
- Destination Imagination
- "Hands on Your Food" cooking and gardening classes
Tickets are $40, or $35 before Oct. 1, and may be purchased online at www.ffhedfoundation.org or in person at Busch’s Fresh Food Market or at Focal Point Studio of Photography at 33431 Farmington Road, Farmington. Sponsorship, food station host and prize donation opportunities are also available.
For information, call David Roggenkamp, at 248-943-1670 or write to email@example.com.