This is part of a 30-day series of ways Patch community members can give back this holiday season. We hope you'll take part in this 30 Days of Giving and take the spirit beyond the holidays, because there truly is need all year long.
Give the gift of life for the holidays
The American Red Cross collects blood year round and that doesn't stop during the holidays. The organization distributes donated blood to about 3,000 hospitals nationally, saving many lives along the way. In the midst of buying toys for local charities, and donating change through the season, stop by a local blood drive and give a a donation of a blood — a priceless gift that won't impact your holiday budget.
Coming up, local blood drives include:
- Dec. 12: , at 1589 West Maple Rd, 1:30-7:30 p.m.
- Donors can make an appointment with the at 28105 Woodward Ave. from 1-7 p.m. Monday, Thursday and Friday, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturday or 8 a.m.-2 p.m. on Sunday.
- Donors can make an appointment with the Bloomfield Blood Donation Center at 4190 S. Telegraph Rd. from 1-7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Friday or 8 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday.
- Dec. 6: Gates Corporation at 2975 Waterview Rd, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 6
- Dec. 11: , at 525 West Auburn Rd, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 11
- Dec. 11: , at 2915 Normandy Rd., 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Dec. 18: , at 1621 Linwood Ave., 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Dec. 6: , at 4777 Northfield Pkwy, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Dec. 14: , at 201 W. Big Beaver Rd., 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m
- Dec. 15-16: Beaumont Business Center, at 750 Stephenson Hwy., 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Dec. 16: , at 6363 Livernois, 1-7 p.m.
- Dec. 11: , at 6900 W. Maple Rd., 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Do you have any suggestions for our 30 Days of Giving series? Add them in comments here, or send to email@example.com.